After some initial conversations, Bernice has agreed to conduct the marbling activity with her dementia patients for 2 separate sessions. I conducted a run-through of the gameplay with Bernice so she could understand and facilitate the activity on her own.
Some pointers and considerations from our discussion:
- Tactility and sensory elements can help with boosting patients’ self-worth
- Some patients might place stuff in their mouths (be careful of them consuming the ink)
- Keep options limited (not too many as it might overwhelm them)
- Readiness of patients to share (topics to avoid?)
- Choosing the conversation cards to use (some topics might be too sensitive for some patients)