Public Seminar (3 October 2019)
Culture + Community
- Sin Shiu Heng “Shifting Mindsets, Bridging Generations”
- Javier Jauhari “The Neglected Objects”
- Abirami Athmanathan “Is Nature Our New Frontier?”
- Kim Dana”Effective Approaches to Connect Children with Nature”
- Preseetha Venkatramanan “Improving the Quality of Urban Green Spaces”
Tech + Futures
- Ace Chia Xie Jieying “Time Well Spent”
- Nikhil Kumar “Creative Machines”
- Sze Yunn Seah “The Role of Conversation in Interdisciplinary Collaboration”
- Nguyen Bao Hong Phat “Mindfulness through Objects at the Workplace”
- Tan Si Lin Shirley “Death of the Workplace”
Some pointers from Harah and Nur to consider:
- The residencies seemed to cover different areas and you have gathered a lot from that experience
- Based on the various residencies, how did you settle on an “inter-generational” focus?
- What are some of the take-away insights and findings from the residency that will help bridge into your design lab? I am not getting the real problem or gaps in your research.
- It would be interesting to see how you intend to explore the difficulties/challenges of inter-gen relationships through your design briefs – perhaps these objectives can be further clarified.